Monday, November 18, 2013

Style: Holiday Season

Yes, it's the frenzy season, where all the little people run around in a mass maze of confusion, going from shop to shop, mall to mall, town to town, grabbing from the crumbs of the table of the wealthy. Believe me, I love wealthy people, I love how I live when I'm around wealthy people [to steal a partial quote from "The Sound of Music"]. But they sit back and laugh at all of us, because it is all very funny looking down from their penthouses. My humble advice? Well, what do you think? Take some time off if you can, sit around with people you want to be with, not what advertisers tell you, you might not want to track down that absentee mom this year and hand her a candleholder and call it xmas. Or slaughter yet another turkey pretending it's some ceremony honoring native Americans, oh please, we are honoring the football season, I think. Show some style this year, show a little spark of ambition, and reflect on the past year and what you want to accomplish next year...your cash flow will increase in the right direction, to yourself and to only the few select people in your life. Happy holidays, indeed.


Illustration of fashion designer and style icon, Edith Head. Drawing is from Google.


No comments:

Post a Comment