Thursday, February 13, 2014

Drink Your Water?

I know, we hear it all the time, to drink a million gallons of water per day, but all this happened since most people no longer drink tap water, but expensive bottled water. But take a moment to think about what you are doing, not all of us can, or should, be drinking gallons of water everyday. Many people have health conditions where a lot of water taxes the system. Even in normally healthy persons, it flushes out vitamins, nutrients, minerals, that your body needs. A lot of water is not good for anyone, in my humble yet expert opinion. 

So what do you do? Some diet companies think they can sell you with a farce, a fairytale, that somehow water will make you thin, as you drink away at your work desk all day stopping for that giant hamburger at lunch time. Okay, let's get real, moderation is the key to life. Even with WATER, yes, small sips, not a gallon at one time. I prefer various brands of bottled water. I use filtered tap water for cooking and boiling it for coffee or to simmer and steep herbal tea on the stove top. Even if you are exercising heavily, drink water at regular intervals, in small doses, not all at once, it is too hard on your system. 

By the way, I never drink water from those bacteria-laden tubs called water coolers you see sitting around offices and some idiot wants you to join their stupid water club, no thanks. I can splurge for my own personal bottle of water, I kind of don't want the flu or germs from that stale yellow stain from the water jugs and that collect inside and on that disgusting water spout.




If you hate water? Honestly there are good-tasting brands, like Evian or Iceland, but there are a lot to try. And I love FRESH squeezed lemon or lime, but orange would be good too, or kiwi, in my daily dose of water, you get the message, right?

So get to your daily dose of water and exercise, you won't regret it.





No comments:

Post a Comment