Friday, November 21, 2014

Turkey Day Again?

I know, everyone loves the Thanksgiving holiday that is coming up rapidly next week, and I think I have made it clear that I steer clear of animal food products, especially meat from poultry, lamb, beef and pork and especially at all costs try my best to avoid all dairy products. I say, try my best, because I love real cheese on a panini sandwich with lettuce and tomato but limit myself to never having it; I mean, cold turkey folks.


And what about that cold or heated turkey, I mean unless you are walking out into your backyard and chopping off the head of your own turkey, that turkey you are buying in the store is years old and FROZEN as in FROZEN, like from the earth's ice age.

There are no healthy benefits to stuffing your waistline with turkey meat, and god knows what is being fed to those turkeys before you incinerate it inside your oven. They are fed all sorts of stuff to fatten them up for slaughter, but we are talking about a slaughter that probably happened when American Indians actually still owned and lived on the plains of America. So you are eating old meat, with zero benefits, I mean, let's just say it, there are alternatives to padding the bank accounts of corporate America pushing products and pushing the slaughter industry onto the public around the holidays.

As I always say, and I am quoted often, save your money for important things, or a nice treat for yourself or a family member; a nice vacation or something you have been saving for as a reward to yourself for another year well done, another year where you have worked your best to enrich your well-being and focus on your nest egg as you enjoy each day knowing you are trying to live a cruelty free life, with the only cruelty being that alarm clock that rings at the crack of noon to wake you for another hard day of facing that cruel world out there as not all people have the same intelligence as you have. So, try and enjoy the holiday season with window shopping on Main Street, that stroll along the ocean in the crisp air, or gabbing with the girlfriends proud of your salad days waistline that will strengthen yourself and the people who rely on you.





No comments:

Post a Comment